What’s Happening in Pensacola: September 19-25

Pamela Holt, Staff Writer

University of West Florida’s Stories from the Archives — Sept. 21

Join UWF Archivist Dean DeBolt at 1 p.m. to hear the story of Kudzu and how West Florida
created an all-South infestation. Stories From the Archives presentations are open to anyone and usually run about 30 minutes.  Zoom: https://uwf.zoom.us/j/85182367029

The Cat’s Meow — Sept. 23 – Oct. 2

This performance is based on the true story of a mysterious Hollywood death. The Cat’s Meow offers a fascinating cross-section of Jazz Era characters who intersect for one notorious weekend on board William Randolph Hearst’s yacht in 1924. For ticket information go to pensacolalittletheatre.com. Showings will take place on the mainstage at Pensacola Little Theatre, located at 400 S. Jefferson Street in Pensacola.

BUZZCUT Live at Bamboo Willie’s Beachside Bar — Sept. 23

Rock n’ Roll band Buzzcut will play at Bamboo Willie’s Beachside Bar from 8 p.m. til 12 a.m. For more information call 850-916-9888. The event will take place at 400 Quietwater Beach Rd. in Pensacola Beach.

Pensacola Seafood Festival — Sept. 23

Savor delicious seafood, enjoy various musical acts and immerse yourself in historic downtown Pensacola during the Annual Pensacola Seafood Festival, produced by Fiesta Pensacola.

Steps for Autism — Sept. 24

Steps for Autism, hosted by Autism Pensacola, takes to the Pensacola State College track at the Pensacola Campus on 9th Avenue, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds benefit the programs and services of Autism Pensacola, a resource center for children and families affected by autism in the Gulf Coast area. For more information, visit autismpensacola.org or call 850-434-7171.

Pieces Adrift Art Show and Auction — Sept. 24

The 4th Annual Pieces Adrift Art Show and Auction is an award-winning art show and silent auction that takes an interactive approach to educating our community on the beauty of upcycling and the dangers of litter and pollution in our waterways. The event will open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Studer Community Institute Event Space at 220 W. Garden Street in Pensacola. Call 850-438-1178 for more information.

The Gator Boys Live at Goat Lips — Sept. 24

Bluegrass band The Gator Boys will play from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Goat Lips Café, located at 2811 Copter Rd. in Pensacola. Formed in 2019, The Gator Boys embarked on a journey to deliver a musical one-two punch at the intersection of bluegrass and jam-band. For more information, call 850-910-0682.